Planning on giving homemade goodies as gifts this year? While you can buy fancy boxes or packaging, the easiest and least expensive way is just using a plain brown paper lunch bag. Too plain? You bet! That’s why you’ll want to jazz it up with one of these five ideas!
5 Ways to Dress Up a Brown Paper Bag
1. Use your printer to create personal holiday messages directly on your gift bags. Thirty Handmade Days offers a downloadable template foe this greeting. With the help of a single hole punch, you can make create holes to thread decorative string and finish off your package.
2. Cut a square of fabric to the width of the bag, then make a smaller label to fit on top of it. Attach both to the bag with a clothespin! Find the recipe for these Spicy Cocktail Nuts and more at Country Living
3. Fold over the top of the bag. Fold a paper doily over the top. Finish off with a sentiment or message. Find this and other doily projects at 100% Delicate.
4. Get our your sewing machine to create these Double Pocket Pretties from Mish Mash. You’ll fold a paper sack in half and sew around 3 sides to create 2 pockets. Follow Mish Mash’s directions to sew and embellish.
5.Cookie Packaging from Spoon Fork Bacon. Create and glue a gift tag or message to the front of your bag. Cut double slits towards the top of your bag. Fold the top of your paper bag over skewer the bag with wooden skewers to close.
How do you dress up brown paper bags for food gifts?
- 15 Creative Ways to Wrap with Brown Paper – Gift Wrapping Guide (apartmenttherapy.com)
- Tutorial + How-to: Brown Paper Bag Travel Journal (craftingagreenworld.com)
- Frugal Gift Wrap Ideas (thehappyhousewife.com)
- Heart-printed paper grocery bags (artfulparent.typepad.com)
- Hand Lettered Holiday Gift Tags – Free Download (jaymesloan.wordpress.com)
- Fun and Creative Ways to Package Your Holiday Cookies (ourlittlefamilyadventure.wordpress.com)