We’re on Day 2 of our Holiday cookie recipes. Today, we have Granny’s Mandel Braite. Like most biscotti cookies, Mandel Braite goes great with coffee, tea, hot chocolate, or milk. If you aren’t much of a sweets person, cut these cookies a little smaller than traditional biscotti cookies. You’ll get all the flavor and less calories.
These are great cookies, but anything made by Granny is. Do you remember her Granny’s Heavenly Granola Bars? You can’t go wrong with one of her recipes. Try these are see for yourself.
Mandel Braite Biscotti
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar
3 ½ cups flour
2 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¾ cup chopped almonds
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1. Cream soft butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs one at a time.
3. Gradually add flour and baking powder.
4. Add remaining ingredients.
5. Pat dough into 12 inch square on floured surface.
6. Cut into 4 strips and place on cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
8. Slice and lay flat.
9. Return to oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
Here are other biscotti recipes I’ve found online
- chocolate and pistachio biscotti bites (12 days of christmas cookies) (omeletta.com)
- Gingerbread Biscotti (kitchen-chronicles.com)
- Biscotti (katherinescorner.com)
- Triple Chocolate Gluten and Dairy-Free Biscotti – The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap! (thedustybaker.com)
- Angel in the Office: Almond, White Chocolate, and Cranberry Biscotti (thoroughlynourishedlife.com)
- Biscotti di Regina (goodcooks.wordpress.com)