For many Disney World Travelers, a Pineapple Dole Whip is a park snack you can’t do without. I get one every time we go to Disney World in Florida or Disneyland in California. It just isn’t a good trip without a Dole Whip. If you have never had one, I’m so sorry. But then again, you don’t know what you are missing.
A Dole Whip is a delicious pineapple flavored soft serve ice cream served in a cup. You can get it as soft serve or as a float served with pineapple juice. I almost always get it as a float. The picture below is the Soft Serve in a cup.
Unfortunately, the ingredients of a park’s version isn’t exactly my idea of clean eating. My version is a cleaner version with only 5 ingredients. There are a few ways to eat your homemade Dole Whip. You can:
1. Eat it as soft serve straight out of the ice cream maker. This is just like what you get in the park. Plus, this is the quickest way to get your coveted Dole Whip.
2. Serve the ice cream style after the ice cream has been frozen in the freezer. Basically you’ve had that initial serving and decided to freeze the rest for later.
3. Serve as a float served with chilled pineapple juice. You can use soft serve or ice cream with the float.
4. Serve your Dole Whip adult style with a little something something. During this year’s Flower and Garden Festival, Disney is offering a special Dole Whip served with Spiced Rum. So to serve up this treat, add a shot of Spiced Rum to your Dole Whip. I REALLY like it when I added a shot of Captain Morgan’s Spiced Rum to 1/4 cup chilled pineapple juice and added it to 2 scoops of soft serve. OH MY …….
Without further delay, here is my recipe for a homemade Disney Dole Whip
1 quart Pineapple Juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups whipping cream
2-3 cups sugar (adjust to your taste)
3 cups milk
- Mix everything together and add into your ice cream maker.
- Follow directions for your ice cream maker.
- Serve immediately once frozen as a soft serve or freeze for ice cream.
Makes 10 cups