With kids, I’m always looking for healthy, wholesome snacks that they’ll love. Granola bars and Adventure bars (similar to a Lara Bar) are always big hits with my family. We put the two together to form these Jammie Crumb Bars. They are filled with homemade jam and are gluten free. Best of all, they contain no added sugar. So I can fill good about giving them to my children.
Jammie Crumb Bars
3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup coconut flakes
3 tbsp. cane sugar
1/4 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
4 tbsp. coconut oil
1/4 cup fruit preserves or jam of your choice ( I used homemade Triple Berry Preserves)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8×8 pan with butter or coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a food processor or high speed blender like a Vitamix, combine oats, almond meal and coconut flakes. Pulse until oats and coconut are fully ground about one minute.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract to the mixture and pulse until well combined. Leaving the food processor/blender running, add one date at a time until all dates are incorporated and the mixture begins to come together.
- Add coconut oil and blend until combined
- Transfer half of the mixture to the prepared pan and press down firmly to evenly distribute the crust.
- Top mixture with jam/preserves.
- Sprinkle the remaining crust mixture on top of the fruit and gently press down to cover the fruits
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes, until the top begins to brown. Remove from oven and cool on a rack.