Try blasting your veggies in a high heat oven. It really brings out the flavor in your vegetables. This method of cooking is great with cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, and other vegetables. My kids can’t get enough of them (minus the chili paste) and that’s never a bad thing.
This dish combines roasted cauliflower and tomato chutney. The sweetness and spice of the chutney compliments the flavor of the cauliflower. It’s a great sweet and spicy side that compliments so many dishes. What will you serve it with?
Spicy Roasted Cauliflower with Tomato Chutney
1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons shallots, chopped
1 teaspoon Sambal Oelek (Chili paste- add more or less to taste)
- Make the tomato chutney according to the recipe (Cook time 35 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F. Place an ungreased cookie sheet in oven while it’s preheating.
- Combine oil, garlic, shallots, and Sambal Oelek in a large bowl. Add cauliflower and toss well. Allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove preheated pan from oven. Place cauliflower on pan and return to oven.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- To serve, plate a spoonful of chutney and with cauliflower.